I’m sure you knew it was coming–and it’s here! I’m officially announcing that the great Busterthon is coming back, for an eighth year in a row!
When: Monday, March 14 and Tuesday, March 15, 2022.
Where: Right here on Silent-ology!
How: To join in:
- Please leave a comment on this post and let me know which Buster film or Buster-related topic you’d like to cover. (Or you can feel free to send me a message).
- Help spread the word about the event by adding one of my banners to your blog! (I went with more of a “classic banner” look this time–it’s always fun coming up with different designs!)
- During the blogathon itself, when you publish your post please leave me a comment with the link to it (or you can send me a message). Publish whenever you have time during March 14th and 15th!
- Don’t forget to mention Silent-ology and the blogathon in your post, if you please, to help publicize the event.
- You can definitely publish your post before the 14th if you want (many do), just give me a head’s up. Just know that Silent-ology will be putting up the official blogathon post with all the new links only on the blogathon dates.
What to write about: Anything and everything Buster! (Check out his filmography for some ideas.) You can write about one of his short films, one of the actors who appeared onscreen with him, his costume in a particular film, his influence on a certain actor/director, an experience you had at a Buster screening, a piece of art you made about him–whatever you like! There’s infinite ways to celebrate our brilliant comedian. Also: Duplicate topics are 100% allowed! Everyone has a different perspective, so 2-3 posts on the same film are welcome.
I will be hosting a drawing for all blogathon participants on March 16 as a “thank you” to everyone who joined in. The prize will be announced closer to the blogathon dates–although I already have a good idea of what it’s going to be!
As always: Make Buster Proud! There’s a lot of dubious information out there about his life and career, so let’s try and steer clear of those myths and rumors as best we can. Just imagine you were going to have Eleanor Keaton look at your piece before you published it. *wink*
Silent-ology | Reviewing All Of Buster’s MGM Features
The Thoughts Of One Truly Loved | How I Fell For Buster Keaton
Cinematica | The Scarecrow
nitrateglow | Reviews of the books The Vampire Diary of Buster Keaton and Bluffton
Taking Up Room | College
Whimsically Classic | The Great Buster documentary
Realweegiemidget Reviews | Beach Blanket Bingo
The Wonderful World of Cinema | The Donna Reed Show episode “A Very Merry Christmas”
Century Film Project | Cops
Critica Retro | Buster Keaton: The Genius Destroyed By Hollywood documentary
Way Too Damn Lazy To Write A Blog | Buster’s Columbia shorts