Were you waiting for it? At last, I’m making the official announcement that our great Busterthon is returning for a ninth–ninth!–time! Almost a decade of our annual Buster celebration, folks. Isn’t that amazing?
When: Monday, March 13 and Tuesday, March 14, 2023.
Where: Right here on Silent-ology!
How: To join in the fun:
- Please leave a comment on this post to let me know which Buster-related topic you’re going to cover. (You can also feel free to send me a message).
- Help spread the word about the event by adding one of my banners to your blog! (You can find them below.)
- During the blogathon itself, when you publish your post please leave me a comment with the link to it (or send me a message). Publish it whenever you have time during March 13th and 14th!
- Don’t forget to mention Silent-ology and the name of the blogathon in your post, if you please, to help publicize our event.
- If you publish your post before the 13th, just give me a head’s up. Just know that I’ll be putting up the official blogathon post with all the new links only on the blogathon dates.
What to write about: The sky’s the limit! You can pick one of his own films (check out his filmography for some ideas), concentrate on a certain type of gag, examine his ’30s talkies, cover one of his T.V. appearances, craft a biography of one of his family members, write about his influence on modern-day films–whatever’s interesting or meaningful to you! Also: Duplicate topics are 100% allowed! Since everyone has a different perspective, 2-3 posts on the same film are fine and, in fact, welcome.
I will be hosting a drawing for all blogathon participants on March 15 as a “thank you” to everyone who joined in. The prize will be announced closer to the blogathon dates.
Finally, as always: Make Buster Proud! There’s a lot of dubious information out there about his life and career, so let’s try and steer clear of those myths and rumors as best we can.
Silent-ology | TBA
Whimsically Classic | Buster’s influence on Lucille Ball
Taking Up Room | Parlor, Bedroom and Bath (1931)
Nitrateglow | Buster’s leading lady Kathryn McGuire
Welcome to My Magick Theatre | Our Hospitality (1923)
Silver Screenings | One Week (1920)
The Thoughts of One Truly Loved | “Buster Melodies” tribute video